Naturopathic medicine is based upon the foundation of treating the individual and the whole person. For this reason, we must get to know you and determine which treatments and medicines would work best for you. This is why the first two appointments with your naturopathic doctor are so important and take time.
Your Initial Office Visits
Typically, our work together begins with two office visits:
- A typical first office visit will be one hour long. In this time, we get to know you, your health history and your present concerns.
- Your second visit is typically scheduled within two weeks. This visit includes physical exam, review of labs and a basic plan for achieving your health goals.
Subsequent Office Visits
After the first two visits, subsequent appointments typically run thirty minutes. These visits may occur weekly, monthly or quarterly, based upon the amount of time and help you need to achieve your goals, and how quickly you act on your treatment plans.
What To Bring To Your First Office Visit
- Paperwork for The Bodhi Clinic (download from Forms page in Patient section of this website)
- Lab work from the past few years. If you do not have these, we can still have the visit and order them for the second office call.
- Pertinent tests and diagnostic workups – the written part only (X-ray, CT, MRI, PET, etc.)
- Cancer patients only: Pathology report